We’ve had a lot of fun setting up this Hot Cocoa Bar at our Christmas parties the last few years and wanted to share a few tips on how to create your own. FREE printable labels and sign attached below.
How To Style a Hot Cocoa Bar
- Grab mason jars at your favourite craft or grocery store to hold your hot cocoa toppings and stir sticks. Ours were purchased at Michaels.
- Pick your favourite treats to add into the jars. Our bar included white + chocolate chips, marshmallows and whip cream. Other ideas: cinnamon, sprinkles, candy canes, crushed cookies and chocolate/caramel sauce.
- Buy your favourite hot cocoa pouches or fill a larger mason jar with cocoa powder for guests to scoop. We used pouches and love the variety of flavours from Nestlès Carnation line.
- Dig up or purchase a festive picture frame that holds 8 1/2 x 10 or similar size print. The frame shown above is actually a chalk board we attached the sign on top of.
- For a great staging look, add levels to your bar with gift boxes, wired bins or rustic wood crates available at most craft stores. Place items high + low for visual appeal.
- Pick up grosgrain ribbon (small width) + mini festive clips to attach labels to your jars. We got our clips from our local Dollar store and the ribbon from Michaels.
- Add spoons for scooping toppings or small candy scoops available at most party stores.
- Use a Thermos with a pump to dispense hot water.
- Buy paper cups with lids meant for hot beverages. These can be tricky to find. We got our red, green + white ones at Party City.
- Get creative with your theme and bring it out in a table runner, paper décor cut outs, stickers, ribbon and centre pieces. We chose a snowflake theme for our bar this year.
- Other supplies you may need: a hole punch + white or silver sharpie marker (for labels) and double-sided tape (to affix sign if not using a frame with glass).
*The table runner, gift boxes and frame shown in photo are from HomeSense*
Here are your FREE printable labels and signs to create a Hot Cocoa Bar of your own (*NOTE: for personal use only. May not be redistributed for commercial purposes*):
We hope your guests enjoy this Hot Cocoa Bar as much as ours did. Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday celebration!