While we’ve been waiting for Spring to, well, spring around here (we may be skipping it altogether here in the Toronto area and going straight to Summer!), #DadChef and I have been trying out some Spring-y recipes. In lieu of heading to a busy restaurant for Mom’s Day, I’ve already given the fam a nudge that a quiet, simple celebration at home enjoying some of these delights would be perfect!
They are all super easy to make, and there are some additional ‘mom-approved’ contributions from fellow Mamas Maya of Mayahood Blog & Emily of The Best of This Life we can’t wait to try for our family brunches.
6 Mom-Approved Spring Brunch Recipes
1) Butter Puff Pastry Breakfast Pizza
Our first recipe is inspired by our fam’s weekly pizza nights, with an eggie twist! This one can be served for brunch or dinner…and it’s delish! Even the skeptical pizza connoisseur (#DadChef) approved a repeat of this one – Butter Puff Pastry Breakfast Pizza!
Butter Puff Pastry Breakfast Pizza
- 1 sheet butter puff pastry
- 6 slices precooked/sliced breakfast ham
- 1/2 ball mozzarella cheese grate
- 4-6 large eggs as many/few as you like
- 1 large egg + 1 tablespoon of water whisked for egg wash
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 6 clippings fresh chives snipped for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Removed puff pastry from fridge or thaw if frozen.
- Place puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Very gently roll up the edges of the pastry to create a small edge for the crust. Brush the entire pastry with the whisked egg wash.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar over pastry. Add chopped/pulled apart ham slices. Crack each egg separately in a bowl, then gently pour it onto the pastry in the desired spot. Repeat for as many eggs you'd like to add (up to 6 max). Sprinkle black pepper over toppings.
- Bake the pizza for approx. 20 mins (until the pastry and cheese are golden and the eggs are set. Removed the pizza and sprinkle with chopped chives. Wait approx. 5 mins for it to cool then slice with a pizza cutter & serve!
2) Avocade Brunch Bites
This one was inspired by our recent trip to Mexico and is guacaholic-approved! Warning: these Avocado Brunch Bites are SO good, you may be find it hard to not eat the whole batch in one sitting (like I almost did ;))!
Avocado Brunch Bites
- 3 avocados ripe
- 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 tbsp feta in brine crumbled (*lighten up with reduced fat version*)
- 1 loaf rustic Italian bread 6 3/4 inch slices
- 6-8 grape tomatoes sliced into halves or quarters
- balsamic vinegar glaze
- pinch sea salt + ground black pepper
- Scoop out avocado from skins and put into a bowl. Mince garlic & add to avocado. Add a dash of sea salt & black pepper (to taste). Squeeze juice from half of a lime then use a fork and press avocado + ingredient mix until desired texture achieved
- Toast bread to desired level (*tastes best near well done, not burnt*). Scoop avocado mix onto each piece of bread and smooth out with spoon. Crumble feta on top (*to taste*)
- Add chopped tomato on top and drizzle with balsamic glaze (*to taste*) That's it! 10 min prep! Serve for your Spring brunch/lunch occasions (cut toasts in half for appetizer portions!).
3) Sheet Pan Ham & Veg Egg Sandwiches
You already know our love of sheet pan cooking and you can add sheet pan eggs to our must-try menu! We made these Sheet Pan Ham & Veg Egg Sandwiches for our family Easter brunch and they were a simple & scrumptious way to gobble up all the usual brunch suspects in one sandwich bite! This one is great for a big crowd and a brilliant, time-saving way to cook eggs simply without slaving over a stove!
Sheet Pan Ham & Veggie Egg Sandwiches
- 8 slices breakfast ham precooked (*sub bacon but add 10 mins cooking time on sheet pan prior to cooking with egg*)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 14 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 plum or roma tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 doz mini sandwich rolls
- pinch salt & ground black pepper
- hot sauce to serve with
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk eggs, milk or half & half, scallions, green onions, salt & pepper in a large bowl. Pour olive oil onto sheet pan and coat evenly. Add chopped ham slices to sheet pan, distributing evenly. Pour the egg mixture on top of ham, then sprinkle grated cheese over top. Place pan in oven and bake 20 mins until edge of egg golden.
- Let eggs cool at least 5 minutes before cutting using a pizza cutter in 12 portions. *Optional: warm buns in oven a few minutes on a separate pan*. Serve with hot sauce or other condiment of choice!
4) Lactose-Free Protein Pancakes
Pancakes are a must for any brunch menu, and these kid-approved lactose-free protein packed ones from our beautiful friend Maya at Mayahood Blog are worth a try! Recipe HERE: Lactose-Free Protein Pancakes
5) Gluten-Free Pear Cobbler
There are so many inspiring women I’ve connected within this space, and Emily of Best of this Life is one of them. I admire her encouragement to find the beauty in our days, even the toughest ones, and her recipes always ignite my drool factor. Her Pear Cobbler would be a delicious sweet & savoury add-on to any brunch menu (bonus it’s gluten-free for those with dietary restrictions), and her Strawberry Milkshake Smoothies a pretty and perfect way to wash it all down!
Gluten-Free Pear Cobbler Recipe HERE
6) Healthy Strawberry Milkshake Smoothie
Healthy Strawberry Milkshake Smoothie Recipe HERE
We’d love to hear your favourite Spring brunch recipes, or let us know what you think about any of the ones you try here! Buon appetito!
Love & light,