What’s your signature Summer or family gathering dish? You know, the one friends/family always request of you for celebrations, potlucks or casual cottage meals? This simple Greek Pasta Salad would be mine. I’ve made this for everything from our babes’ buffet birthday spreads, baby/bridal showers & SO many family BBQs! We’ve just been given the green-light to hug our Grandparents again via safe social bubbles (*insert happy tears*) and Summer solstice & Dad’s Day celebrations take place this weekend, so though it was the perfect time to drop this colourful recipe you can make to celebrate ALL of it! I actually can’t believe I’ve never shared this one on the blog before – it’s a seasonal staple around here & perfect as a lunch meal or as a side to your grilled meats. Warning – it’s also highly addictive! Make a double-batch and pack up for a family picnic or to share with loved ones. Trust me, they will never be shy about taking some of these leftovers home (if there are any ;))
Greek Pasta Salad
- 750 g Tri-Colour Rotini *we used (2) 375 g boxes by Catelli*
- 1/4 large red onion diced
- 1/2 medium red pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper chopped
- 15-20 grape tomatoes cut in quarters
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup feta crumbled
- 475 mL Greek Salad Dressing *we use "Greek Feta" Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Kraft
- kalamata olives pitted, to taste
- fresh oregano or parsley to garnish
- Bring large pot of water to boil, salt like the sea, and cook pasta according to instructions. (*This is one of few recipes where I would skip "al dente" and cook thoroughly*)
- Meanwhile, rinse & chop all the veggies & grab a large serving bowl.
- When the pasta has finished cooking, drain & then immediately spray with cold water while it's still in the colander to "cool" the pasta off. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl & coat + toss with the olive oil.
- Add half of the peppers, onions & feta plus half of the salad dressing. Mix well, then add the rest of the peppers, onions & feta and also the Kalamata olives plus another quarter of the dressing. Toss, cover bowl with saran wrap & refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Just before serving, add the remaining dressing (plus a bit more olive oil if the salad requires), toss & garnish with more olives, tomatoes & fresh oregano or parsley. Serve as a meal or as a side to grilled meats. TAG US @House_of_Kerrs if you try!
If you’re looking for a great grilling recipe to pair this with, DadChef picks our BBQ Greek Kebabs or BBQ Chicken Drumsticks (*click the Recipe highlights on our IG page*)! Happy Dad’s Day to all the special ones in your lives!
We love seeing your families enjoy one of our recipes, so don’t forget to tag us if you try @House_of_Kerrs or share a comment/snap in comments!
Keep well, eat well,