I’ve been feeling the need to have more one-on-one with my babes these days, especially the bigger boys. Having a toddler and baby in the mix means they’ve had less of our undivided attention. They deserve to feel special, and I’ve found one on one is the way to go.
Here are some Mom-Son Date ideas we love. Some are FREE, several low-cost!
- Movie-going either at the Cinema, Drive-in or Movies Under the Stars organized by your Town at local parks
- Gift-card shopping spree – gather all those gift cards they’ve gotten from Birthdays, Christmas, etc. and see if you can spend them all!
- LegoLand – bring your building brainiac to Lego heaven!
- Chapters Indigo (Grab a drink and snack at Starbucks, then have fun exploring the kids section)
- Go to a play at the local theatre
- Bike ride with a pit stop at an ice cream shop (our fav is DQ)
- Release some adrenaline playing Lazer tag
- Scavenger Hunt – here a printable one we love by CBC Parents
- Visit a Fire Hall – most do family tours
- Apple Picking at a local farm. Visit here for a list of Apple orchards in Ontario
- Building Workshops at Lowes and Home Depot Canada
- Take a swing at Mini-Putt
- Glow in the dark bowling
- Skating at an outdoor rink followed by treats and hot chocolate
- Casual dinner date at a Sports pub or Entertainment Complex (Dave & Busters) – wings + milkshakes while watching their favourite sport on the large screens, followed by gaming in the arcade
Hope you found these ideas useful. No matter what you do, have fun and soak in all that amazing one-on-one time. It’s really such a special way to bond.