California Love – we’ve got our minds on Cali, and Cali on our minds! Our family vacation to The Golden Coast was one of those plans that flew out the window the last few years, but we’re back in planning mode and bringing a simple recipe forward to commemorate. More of a food-torial then a recipe, these California Dreamin’ Veggie Burgers are a narly idea for a quick and easy lunch or dinner, OR, for added eat-ertainment, turn it into a veggie burger-making board/bar for your warm weather gatherings.
California Dreamin’ Veggie Burgers’ Ingredients
- Veggie Burgers – your family’s favourite; any kind will do
- Gourmet Burger Buns
- Toppings: Spring Mix lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onions, sliced avocado, a sprinkle of micro greens.
- Condiments: chipotle crema/aioli is my pick for this California Dreamin’ burger. One of my favourites is this Canadian-made Chipotle Aioli by Chef Robert.
California Dreamin' Veggie Burgers | La Cucina di Kerrs
- 1 box Veggie Burgers
- Gourmet Burger Buns
- Spring Mix *enough for topping the burgers*
- 1 Red Onion *sliced, for topping*
- 1 Avocado *ripe, sliced for topping*
- Micro greens *for topping*
- 1 bottle Chipotle Crema *for condiment*
California Veggie Burger Board or Bar
- Onion Rings *bake*
- Fries *bake*
- Mixed Bean Salad
- Cheese *slices*
- Bake the veggie burgers on a sheet pan, or cook on a flat top grill, according to package directions.
- From the bottom bun, start building your burger by layering the Spring Mix lettuce, sliced tomatoes, Veggie Burger, sliced red onions, sliced avocado and micro greens. Slather some chipotle crema on top and dive in! Delish!
California Burger Board or Bar
- If you're creating an immersive veggie burger-building board or bar, lay out all the sliced toppings on a large food board, add complimentary sides like a mixed bean salad and baked fries and onion rings.If you enjoyed this food idea, tag us on social @House_of_Kerrs #LaCucinadiKerrs
Make it a CALIFORNIA DREAMIN’ Veggie BURGERS-making board or bar!
We love this one for a fun food board idea for Summer entertaining. Add your favourite complimentary sides, like a bean salad, fries and veggie rings and let your family/guests enjoy an immersive food-making experience at your next warm weather gathering.
More Sunny Recipes Your Family Will Love
10 Summer Salads That Don’t Suck
Travel With Your Taste Buds: International Recipes to Try at Home
No Cooking Required Family Recipes & Food Plates
Ways to Get the Best Value from Your Travel Bookings
If you enjoyed this recipe from our vault of easy meals for busy families, tag us on social @House_of_Kerrs #LaCucinadiKerrs or comment below. Besides DadChef who visited in childhood, we’ll be Cali first-timers. Tell us all the things we need to see/do…and especially EAT!
Keep well, eat well,
Barbara Di Mambro says
What a delicious burger! I would like to try it sometime.
House of Kerrs says
So simple, so delish! 🙂