Still #notabaker, but I like tasty loaves & I cannot lie and we found this gem of goodness tucked in Mom Kerr’s recipe clippings collection this week with (simply the best) ideas dating back to 1982 – Vintage Pinterest. This one might give Banana Bread a run for it’s yummy says our oldest son & is so simple to make. We modified a few ingredients based on what we had on-hand & the kids’ preference and it came out dee-lish! Give this Classic Zucchini Loaf Recipe a whirl – you may want to double batch as it’ll get gobbled up just as fast as you baked it!
- If you’re leaving out the raisins & nuts like we did, add only 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- You can substitute the sugar for sugar substitute & the oil for Greek yogurt (3/4 cup Greek yogurt is roughly equivalent to 1 cup of vegetable oil)
- You can make this a cake in a 13 x 9 x 2 pan, a loaf or muffins. This recipe made (1) generous 8 x 4 loaf & 2 muffins.
Classic Zucchini Loaf Recipe
- Loaf pan, muffin tin or 13 x 8 cake pan
- Hand Mixer
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar (*we used 1 cup sugar, 1 cup sugar substitute*)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (*use 3/4 if excluding raisins/nuts*)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil (*we used 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt*)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated, unpeeled zucchini (*about 1 medium zucchini*)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (*pecan or walnuts*)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, oil (or greek yogurt), vanilla & eggs. Beat at medium speed until well mixed. Stir/fold in zucchini, raisins & 1 cup of nuts (*optional*).
- Pour into greased loaf pan (*or muffin tins*). Sprinkle with remaining nuts (*optional*). Bake on middle rack of oven - Loaf takes ~ 25 mins, muffins take ~17 mins (or until pick inserted comes out dry).
- Let cool 5-10 mins. Serve with whipped butter (1/2 cup butter + 2 tbsp milk beat on med-high ~ 5 mins). Enjoy!
We hope you enjoy making this Classic Zucchini Loaf recipe with your own gang. I know Mom Kerr would be super happy you tried it, so please tag or comment if you try 🙂
Also, Zucchini season is just around the corner – you should give our Zucchini Boats a try too!
Keep well, eat well,
La Cucina di Kerrs
Leave a Reply