Freshly picked peaches conjure up nostalgia of a Summer visit to my Grandparents’ place out West as a kid and wandering the peach orchards near their house atop a hill with a view of beautiful Kelowna, BC. Heading to a local farmers market for a basket of freshly picked peaches is one of my favourite simple pleasures of Summer – some of our favourite spots to visit in Ontario can be found HERE. Besides some of the popular ways to devour perfectly picked peaches – cobblers, jams, pies, and such – we’ve got a whole bunch of easy peach recipes we think your family will love!
The Best Peach Recipes to Try This Summer!
An original recipe from La Cucina di Kerrs inspired by a Peach Pizza menu offering at a resto in Lake Placid that’s become one of our peach recipe family faves! It’s also one fans of trying different Pizza Bianca (*white pizza*) will enjoy. This sweet n’ savoury zah can be sliced up for a fabulous summer appetizer or paired with one of our salads that don’t suck for a complete meal. Leave the prosciutto off to keep it meatless. It’s YUM-aze!
Peach Pizza Bianca with Herbed Ricotta
- Large baking sheet
- 1 650g ball of fresh pizza dough *we used a bag of store-bought*
- 6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 4 to coat baking sheet, about 2 for brushing on top of dough
- 2 medium peaches washed, pitted & sliced thin
- 4-6 leaves fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese *we use light version*
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 6 slices prosciutto thinly sliced, *optional ingredient*
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 handful fresh arugula for garnish
- Coarse salt & ground black pepper *to taste*
- Balsamic Glaze *optional*
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coat baking sheet with olive oil, spreading evenly corner-to-corner. Hand-stretch pizza dough until desired size/shape achieved (*if dough is cold, this could take up to 20 mins for dough to "give" and stay in place*). Brush the top of the dough with olive oil. Sprinkle a few pinches each of basil over the oil.
- Place the sliced peaches around the dough in desired pattern. Tear or cut prosciutto slices in ½ , fan them, then add to the pizza, slightly tucking under some of the peaches.
- Herbed Ricotta: In a small bowl, add minced garlic and a few pinches each of basil, salt & pepper to the ricotta cheese. Mix together then dollop small scoops with a spoon on top of the other ingredients and give a light press to flatten the cheese a bit.
- Sprinkle grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese evenly over top of the other ingredients. Bake on middle rack approx. 12 mins-15 mins at 425°F until the bottom is a nice golden hue. *Optional - finish on Broil setting approx. 4 mins until tops of ricotta get a few spots of brown - watch carefully to avoid burning!* Remove from oven and let cool about 5 mins before cutting. Garnish with fresh basil or arugula. *Optional - drizzle balsamic glaze over top before serving* Buon appetito! Tag us @House_of_Kerrs on Instagram if you try! #LaCucinadiKerrs
A fruity twist on the classic Caprese Salad (*yep…we eat A LOT of it!*), add the ripest peaches of your bunch sliced up & serve family-style – our favourite way to dine a la casual all Summer. *Serve with fresh bread, crostini, charcuterie and/or bread sticks & dipping oil for the perfect outdoor Summer grazing feast*
Peach Caprese Salad - Family Style
- Large Serving Platter
- 4-6 handfuls Spring Mix Salad *1 handful per person*
- 1 ball Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese tear into small pieces
- 2 medium ripe peaches sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes any, sliced *we used "Cocktail" tomatoes*
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste, enough to drizzle over salad
- Balsamic Glaze to taste, enough to drizzle over salad
- Coarse salt & ground black pepper to taste
- 4-6 leaves fresh basil some chopped, some intact
- Layer platter with spring mix. Add tomatoes + peaches, then add ripped mozzarella. Sprinkle chopped basil evenly over salad. Drizzle olive oil - enough to generously coat ingredients- then add a few pinches of salt + pepper evenly over top.
- Just before serving, drizzle balsamic glaze in a swiping zig zag motion over salad. Garnish with fresh basil leaves & serve family style. Buon appetito! Tag us at @House_of_Kerrs on Instagram if you try!
PEACH, PROSCIUTTO & BOCCONCINI MEDALLION BITES
Another super-simple and delicious way to swap in peak-season peaches for appys & salads that usually call for tomatoes, you need to try these Peach, Prosciutto & Bocconcini Medallion Bites!
Peach, Prosciutto & Bocconcini Medallion Bites
- Bamboo cocktail skewers (4 inch) x 12
- 3 semi-ripe peaches cut in quarters
- 12 leaves fresh basil 1 leaf per peach slice
- 12 slices Bocconcini Medallions *we use Tre Stelle - if you can't find similar, use 1 ball of Buffalo Mozzarella & cut into slices, then in halves*
- 12 slices prosciutto thinly sliced
- *Optional: Balsamic Glaze*
- Cut pitted peaches into quarters (semi-ripe are easier to cut than super ripe). Lay basil leaf on one fresh cut side of the peach, then a bocconcini medallion on top. Fold 1 slice of prosciutto length-wise, then wrap around the peach-leaf-cheese combo from one end to the other. Hold in place with appetizer skewer. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- *Optional - drizzle with balsamic glaze right before serving. Recipe renders 12 skewers, and about 4 servings (based on 3 appys per person). Increase ingredients according to number of people in your gathering. Buon appetito! Tag us @House_of_Kerrs if you try!
This salad tastes amazing paired with grilled chicken or salmon, or straight up on it’s own. If you don’t normally like fruit on your salad, this combination of flavours might permanently change your mind 😉
Summer Peach Spinach Salad
- 1 10 oz. pkg pre-washed baby spinach
- 2-3 lrge, ripe peaches thinly sliced
- sliced red onion (*to taste*)
- 1 ripe, sliced avocado
- soft unripened goat's milk cheese & crumbled feta (*to taste - we used reduced fat to lighten up*)
- 1/2 cup chopped honey roasted pecans (*use regular if you don't want the added sugar*)
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch each of salt & ground black pepper
- Whisk dressing in small bowl, drizzle over spinach & toss. Add chopped ingredients on top. Serves 6
Tell us your family’s favourite ways to enjoy peaches this time of year, and if you’re looking for more simple recipes to sail through Summer with minimal meal prep effort, visit our La Cucina di Kerr’s menu offering easy to make options!
Keep well, eat well,