#DadChef and I promised to put together a collection of silly easy recipes for the Fall just in time for “Mission: Divert Dinner Panic” once full schedules kick back in and this one is at the top of the list – our Easy Peasy No-Meat Pasta Sauce we whip up on repeat for a meatless meal option all-year long. It’s seriously so simple, takes just 20 minutes and is our go-to when we’re pressed for time (um, when aren’t we?!) or the creative kitchen juices just aren’t flowing. Quick, DELISH & a crowd-pleaser for *almost* all of our gang.
– 1 box of your favourite pasta
– 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
– 1/2 yellow onion (thinly-sliced length-wise)
– 1 can diced tomatoes
– handful fresh small tomatoes (any)
– 1 tbsp fresh (or dried) basil
– 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning (we use Club House Italiano *affiliate*)
– 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
– salt & ground black pepper (*to taste*)
– In a sauce pan, heat oil on medium & add chopped garlic + sliced onion (*cook til’ onion looks clear*). Begin heating water in pot to boil pasta.
– add 1 full can of diced tomatoes + fresh tomatoes sliced in halves or quarters
– add a few shakes each of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt & pepper
– add basil
– reduce heat to minimum & let simmer 10 mins.
– cook your favourite pasta according to package directions. Drain & smother with sauce.
* serve with fresh basil & fresh parmigiano reggiano *
Makes enough to serve 4 people, so if you’re a big gang like our family or if you want more to freeze for later, double up on the ingredients. Also, this easy peasy sauce recipe can become a 3-in-1 pasta sauce. With a few simple modifications to the recipe, you can also make Pasta Fagioli (to amp up the protein while keeping it a meatless meal) or Pasta Amatriciana (for the ones who just want the meat already)!
Our Easy Peasy No-Meat Sauce is also a main ingredient in these Turkey Parmigiana Zucchini Boats!
Easy Peasy No-Meat Sauce
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cooking onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- handful fresh tomatoes any - cut in halves or quarters
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning (we use Club House Italiano)
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- salt & ground black pepper *to taste*
- In a sauce pan, heat oil on medium & add chopped garlic + sliced onion (*cook til' onion looks clear*). Begin heating water to boil pasta.
- Add 1 full can of diced tomatoes + fresh tomatoes sliced in halves or quarters.
- Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, basil and a few shakes each of salt & pepper.
- Reduce heat to minimum & let simmer 10 mins.
- Cook your favourite pasta according to package directions, drain & smother with sauce.
- Serve with fresh basil & fresh parmigiano reggiano.
Buon Appetito! Tag us if you try - La Cucina di Kerrs
Tag or write us if you try this easy peasy no-meat pasta sauce or PIN for later! More recipes our family loves HERE.