I thought I would make it through Easter preparations without using “eggs” as a lead-in to an expressive word, but peeps, that’s just not a commitment I can live up to this year 😉 I remember feeling so depleted this time last year fresh to lockdown life, and well, maybe we’re well-adjusted to living life under chronic uncertainty, and we’re feeling a little more hoppy this time around. If this year’s reminded us of anything it’s to seize those feel-goods when they come & celebrate it all – even the teeny tiny bits of joy that seep in. So, if you’re up for trying one of our most Eggs-ellent Recipes for Spring Brunching, at-home celebrations, or easy, anytime meal ideas, we’ve rounded up our family faves & total crowd-pleasers here:
A perfect recipe for a big family or brunching with your bubble! Add a slice of the egg to a fresh Ciabatta bun with your favourite cheese + sandwich sauce – YUM-AZE!
Sheet Pan Egg Ciabatta Sandwiches
- 18 x 13 baking sheet
- 1 cup precooked ham, chopped *leave out for vegetarian option*
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 14 Conestoga Farms Free Run Omega-3 Eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 medium tomato, *any, diced*
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 dozen small ciabatta buns
- 1 tsp each coarse salt & ground black pepper
- *optional: sliced cheese (like Swiss) & sauce to top your sandwich (we love Buffalo sauce or hot sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk eggs, milk and green onions in a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil on to baking sheet and coat evenly. Add chopped ham and diced tomato, spacing evenly around the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the ham & tomatoes, then sprinkle baby spinach and grated mozzarella cheese over top.
- Place pan in the oven and bake 20 minutes until the edges of the egg are golden.
- Remove and let the eggs cool at least 5 minutes before cutting using a pizza cutter into 12 portions. *Optional: Serve with a slice of your favourite cheese & sauce of choice!* Buon appetito!
Eggs on pizza, you say? (DadChef was hesitant too!) But it’s one of those things you need to try! Trust – SO good!
Butter Puff Pastry Breakfast Pizza
- 1 sheet butter puff pastry
- 6 slices precooked/sliced breakfast ham
- 1/2 ball mozzarella cheese grate
- 4-6 large eggs as many/few as you like
- 1 large egg + 1 tablespoon of water whisked for egg wash
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 6 clippings fresh chives snipped for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Removed puff pastry from fridge or thaw if frozen.
- Place puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Very gently roll up the edges of the pastry to create a small edge for the crust. Brush the entire pastry with the whisked egg wash.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar over pastry. Add chopped/pulled apart ham slices. Crack each egg separately in a bowl, then gently pour it onto the pastry in the desired spot. Repeat for as many eggs you'd like to add (up to 6 max). Sprinkle black pepper over toppings.
- Bake the pizza for approx. 20 mins (until the pastry and cheese are golden and the eggs are set. Removed the pizza and sprinkle with chopped chives. Wait approx. 5 mins for it to cool then slice with a pizza cutter & serve!
A simple & classic Italian egg dish! A few more steps than the sheet pan method, but so worth it! Swap out the asparagus for whatever veg you have on-hand!
Simple Asparagus Frittata Recipe
- 2 tbsp butter or cooking oil
- 6 large eggs
- 4 shallots *sliced
- 1 lb fresh asparagus bunch *thinner spears better for this recipe*
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese *use reduced fat version to lighten up*
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp fresh chives *snip with scissors into small pieces*
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 cup Italian blend or Mozzarella cheese
- Heat butter/oil on medium heat in small, oven-proof skillet. Add sliced shallots & sautee until they turn translucent (approx. 2 mins). Add asparagus & cook additional 2-3 mins.
- Beat eggs, ricotta cheese & salt together, then add snipped chives (*stir*)
- Pour egg mixture into skillet & let cook on medium until almost set, but still runny on top (about 5 mins). Meanwhile, preheat oven on Broil.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the egg mix and place in the oven to broil until cheese is melted and slightly golden brown (6-8 mins).
- Very carefully remove skillet from the oven with mitts. Let frittata sit about 5 mins to set then slice into wedges (we got six slices out of ours, but make smaller/bigger based on your crowd). Garnish with chopped chives & serve on it's own, or pair with bread and/or a Spring salad for a complete meal. Buon appetito!
A simple & fun one to make with boiled eggs! HOW TO MAKE EASY EGG SLIDERS: 1) Slice the boiled eggs in half lengthwise; 2) On one half, add a dollop of guacamole, a slice each of your favourite cheese & bacon; and 3) Place the other half over top and enjoy immediately or add a small skewer to hold them together & refrigerate if serving later as an appetizer. That’s it! Enjoy! Food-torial HERE!
A popular family egg recipe, our version simplified by baking them on a sheet pan. No line-ups at the skillet, this is a perfect Sunday brunch or Cottage breakfast idea! Food-torial HERE.
A tasty sweet potato-infused spin on the classic deviled egg appetizer, the turkey bacon crumble on top makes them next-level delish! FULL RECIPE HERE.
A simple, delicious, nutrient-packed egg dish filled with all your favourite Mediterranean-inspired veggies and cheeses. Serve any time of day for your next family meal or slice up for your next gathering or celebration. This Bundt-style egg bake is a beautiful addition to any brunch table. Mediterranean Egg Bundt Food-torial HERE.
This collection of our family’s favourite egg recipes make eggs-ellent brunch ideas for all your Spring occasions or to use up those Easter leftovers! These are all great ideas for breakfasts at the cottage, as well. Tell us your family’s favourite way to eat your eggs!
Keep well, eat well,