Appy December, guys! As heavy as this year has been, it certainly has gone by in a flash. I will not peak your holiday stress more by giving you the countdown, but seriously, I’m feeling a little unprepared. I still have 99% of my Christmas shopping to do, so while it may look like I have my holiday ducks in a row with some of the festive foods we’ll be sharing, it’s simply because playing with & eating the tastes of the season I get to make with my family are my most favourite part of it all! And a few years ago I just decided doing the things that bring the most joy are where I’ll be focusing my very limited energy, and everything else will get done eventually or not at all (my “Undo” list!). So if making simple festive foods with your crew is on your list of things that spark holiday joy, give this Holiday Wreath Appetizer recipe a try! It’s such a beauty for an edible holiday table centerpiece & SO simple – fancy without the fuss! It’s also a no-cook & no knife sharing required creation! Joy to the kitchen!
Holiday Wreath Appetizer | Edible Festive Centerpieces
- 10" Round Platter
- Grosgrain ribbon
- 120 g Crostini or Small Baguette rounds *we used the Rosemary & Olive Oil baguettes by Grissol*
- 1 pkg Boursin Garlic & Herbs spreadable cheese *or your family's favourite - enough to cover about 20 crostini*
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 1 pkg Gourmet Cherry Tomatoes on the vine *we love the ones by Cherto*
- Fresh Italian Parsley or Basil chopped
- Spread cheese on top of enough crisps to make their way around your round platter twice & assemble the wreath in a circular motion. Sprinkle each crisp with some dice red pepper & basil/parsley, then add the cherry tomatoes on the inside of the circle/wreath. Add your favourite bow for a festive touch! Serve immediately. That's it! Buon appetito & Tag us on Instagram if you try @House_of_Kerrs!
We hope you enjoy creating this Holiday Wreath Appetizer as much as we did! We love seeing you make our recipes together with your own crew so tag us on Instagram @House_of_Kerrs or comment below if you try!
More Festive Edible Centerpiece Ideas
(*Adapted from my father’s “Granpa Loves to Cook” blog – I found I needed an extra egg + added the juice of 1 orange to the dough to elevate the flavour and added a bit more sugar to the honey mixture to thicken it up a bit more*)
More Easy Holiday Appetizer Ideas
If you’re looking for more simple holiday entertaining nibblers, you may also like our Christmas Tree Hummus bites appy.
Try this Joy in a Mug Recipe
If you’re looking for a family-friendly drink to wash down your festive foods, try our Italian dolce in a mug – Affogato al [Hot] Cioccolato! (*An Original Family Recipe*)
What are your favourite festive foods to make with your family this time of year? We’d love to try your recipes!
Keep well, eat well,