Happy 2021, all! We’ve been creeping instead of leaping into the new year. Still a little unsteady but a lotta hopeful. We got notice before Winter Break that the kids will be on virtual school come this week, so we’re thinking of some simple recipes that may help with dinner indecisiveness for you guys. I’m still not a meal planner, but have some ideas on the backburner we just haven’t been quick enough to post here, including this Lemon Garlic Shrimp & Zoodles Recipe that was our top food share over on the gram I can’t believe I haven’t shared on the blog yet! It was a hit all around for our gang, so easy, super delish, and under 30 mins to make in one pan!
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Zoodles
- Skillet or large pan
- 1 454g Bag frozen jumbo shrimp *thaw according to package directions*
- 2 pkgs Frozen Zucchini Noodles or 2-3 spiralized fresh zucchini
- 4 tbsp Cooking oil *we used Canola Oil*
- 2-4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- ½ fresh lemon *or 1 tbsp lemon juice*
- ¾ cup low sodium broth *any, we used chicken broth*
- 2 tbsp chives *chopped fresh, or dried will do*
- coarse salt, ground black pepper & garlic powder *to taste*
- Red Pepper flakes *Optional: for a spicy kick*
- Heat oil on medium, add thawed shrimp season with slat, pepper & garlic powder. Cook through until bright pink, adding minced garlic mid way.
- Add zoodles, broth & squeeze juice of fresh lemon over ingredients. Sprinkle chives over top & mix.
- Cover & let simmer 7-10 mins, stirring & separating noodles in between until zoodles done to your liking.
- 🍽Serve alone, or with rice, quinoa, or pasta. *Optional: sprinkle some red chili pepper flakes for a spicy kick! Buon appetito! Tag us @House_of_Kerrs on Instagram or comment below if you try!
Our Lemon Garlic Shrimp Zoodles would make a great Date Night at home recipe too!
If you’re looking for more easy recipes that can turn from delish dinner to tomorrow’s leftovers for lunch, check out our 8 Easy Recipes Turned Leftovers for School Lunches post!
Wishing all families a smooth as can be transition back to learning & post Winter Break life. Go easy…we can only do what we can do.
Keep well, eat well,
La Cucina di Kerrs
View this post on Instagram
Barbara Di Mambro says
Love shrimp dishes. Can use up some lemons from the Christmas season.