Freshly picked peaches conjure up nostalgia of a Summer visit out West as a kid and wandering the peach orchard in my Grandparents’ backyard in Kelowna, BC. We’re nearing the end of peach season, but I’m hoping you may have a bunch lingering to give this Peach Pizza with Herbed Ricotta a spin (*the late season variety are best for cooking!*). We made this with a farmers’ market haul for a small outdoor gathering with close family on Food Day Canada & there wasn’t a morsel left. Admittedly, it was a peach pizza-making first for us, inspired by one I tried on a girls’ trip out to Lake Placid before lockdown and we’ll most certainly be adding this to our peach recipe family faves! It’s also one fans of trying different Pizza Bianca (*white pizza*) recipes will enjoy.
Keep it Simple
We’ve simplified the recipe by using store bought pizza dough, but it would work with your homemade versions nicely too! If you don’t have the fresh basil the ingredients call for, swap in a dried version. Finally, we’ve used prosciutto in the recipe to level up the savoury factor, but leave this out if you fancy for a still delicious vegetarian version.
Peach Pizza Bianca with Herbed Ricotta
- Large baking sheet
- 1 650g ball of fresh pizza dough *we used a bag of store-bought*
- 6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 4 to coat baking sheet, about 2 for brushing on top of dough
- 2 medium peaches washed, pitted & sliced thin
- 4-6 leaves fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese *we use light version*
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 6 slices prosciutto thinly sliced, *optional ingredient*
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 handful fresh arugula for garnish
- Coarse salt & ground black pepper *to taste*
- Balsamic Glaze *optional*
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coat baking sheet with olive oil, spreading evenly corner-to-corner. Hand-stretch pizza dough until desired size/shape achieved (*if dough is cold, this could take up to 20 mins for dough to "give" and stay in place*). Brush the top of the dough with olive oil. Sprinkle a few pinches each of basil over the oil.
- Place the sliced peaches around the dough in desired pattern. Tear or cut prosciutto slices in ½ , fan them, then add to the pizza, slightly tucking under some of the peaches.
- Herbed Ricotta: In a small bowl, add minced garlic and a few pinches each of basil, salt & pepper to the ricotta cheese. Mix together then dollop small scoops with a spoon on top of the other ingredients and give a light press to flatten the cheese a bit.
- Sprinkle grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese evenly over top of the other ingredients. Bake on middle rack approx. 12 mins-15 mins at 425°F until the bottom is a nice golden hue. *Optional - finish on Broil setting approx. 4 mins until tops of ricotta get a few spots of brown - watch carefully to avoid burning!* Remove from oven and let cool about 5 mins before cutting. Garnish with fresh basil or arugula. *Optional - drizzle balsamic glaze over top before serving* Buon appetito! Tag us @House_of_Kerrs on Instagram if you try! #LaCucinadiKerrs
More Ways to Use Herbed Ricotta
More Ways to Use Peaches
If you’re looking for more ways to use peaches in the yummiest ways this Summer, try our Peach Caprese, Peach + Prosciutto Medallion Bites, or Peach + Spinach Salad! We’ve also been slicing some up & freezing them in a Ziploc to use in baking, smoothies and beverages [*parents, think Sangria or Peach Bellinis ;)].
Keep well, eat well,