**Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links, meaning if you click and purchase from them, we may earn a small commission to keep this site running, and the coffee well-stocked 😉 We value your trust sincerely, and would never recommend products we don’t use/love ourselves.
We’ve tried many activity easel’s over nearly a decade of parenting, and Vtech’s new DigiArt Creative Easel may be our new favourite. So it’s no wonder this product one of PTPA’s seal of approval winners.
Unboxing this product was a breeze as compared to many children’s toys. The product comes in 6 main parts (4 legs, 1 activity tray and 1 Easel). The instructions are easy to follow and offer pictures in addition to written detail. Set up was under 5 minutes, and required no tools!
The product is recommended for ages 3-6 years and was tested by our daughter, just 1-month shy of 3 years old.
The product offers 3 set up options – Lite-up dry erase board, Chalkboard and Drawing Table – all encouraging creativity, learning and fun!
What our daughter loved:
– She immediately gravitated to the LED Pen and was able to turn the power button on herself. With a bit of help (since she can’t yet read or identify all her letters), she navigating easily between the buttons and enjoyed seeing shapes, numbers and letters light up on the screen
– The dry-erase marker was also a hit, and she spent most of her time free-hand drawing while listening to music you can play in the background
– She was curious about the chalkboard, so we flipped it around and she scribbled a bit. Not her favourite feature of this activity centre, but still engaging nonetheless
What parents will love:
– Ease of assembly – no tools required and batteries included!
– Volume control – great feature as I had a napping baby in the room beside us
– The “Edu-tainment” and interactivity of the product – it definitely sparked her creativity, prompted learning by introducing her to phonics and number recognition, all while she was having fun!
– Moving between easel to drawing table was very quick and easy
– The product is well-manufactured, of good quality material and I can see it lasting through the wear-and-tear our younger children will put it through.
– The product is competitively priced compared to other Easels on the market $79.99 (i.e. it is priced the same or just slightly higher than others that don’t have the LED and transformative features the Vtech DigiArt Easel does).
Suggestions for improvement:
– Adding a stool or small chair. After 5 minutes of play, my daughter asked to sit down. Not everyone may have a chair on hand small enough to fit under the drawing table when the product is set up that way.
– Adding a dry-marker eraser brick or cloth. I actually thought this was missing from the box until I read in the instructions I needed to retrieve a damp cloth. By the time I got back, my daughter had already wiped the board with her hands and they were all blue. Easy to wash off, but I think the kids would enjoy having a device to remove the marker themselves.
– Foldable legs – to flatten the product, they must be removed if you want to collapse for storage or portability