Like many of you, we’ve been spending a lot of extra time in our cucina of late. While the circumstances are heavy ones, we’ve been trying to make the best of it connecting in creative ways over food. The kids are enjoying getting more involved in meal prep, and we’ve got a silly easy recipe to share we think your budding kid chefs will enjoy making with you as well – Sheet Pan Egg Ciabatta Sandwiches.
*Disclosure: this post has been made in partnership with Conestoga Farms, meaning we’ve received product and/or compensation to facilitate this family recipe share. Thank you for supporting brands who support small family businesses*
We use eggs by our friends at Conestoga Farms because supporting local Ontario farmers always matters – even more so now. We love their Free Range Eggs for our sacred family recipes, like homemade pasta, and the Free Run Omega-3 for our everyday meals for an added Omega-3 punch. We go through nearly two dozen eggs a week, so we love the affordability of this staple to feed our large brood, especially because our grocery bills have soared overall. You can find their variety of premium eggs at fine local grocers and can feel good they follow best farming practices governed by Egg Farmers of Ontario/Canada. We also value Conestoga Farms’ outreach initiatives with Gray Ridge Egg Farms during tough times to address critical food shortages in our communities so much.
For our sheet pan egg recipe, big kids can chop the ingredients and the little kiddos can crack/whip the eggs and toss in the ingredients. This recipe takes under 30 minutes and will give you enough to fill those hungry bellies as a breakfast, lunch or dinner option. Any leftovers can be refrigerated for the next day, or frozen to have a quick go-to the kids can grab themselves.
We added ham and a variety of our favourite veggies, but you can leave out the meat to keep this vegetarian and swap out any of the veggies we used for your own faves. Since we’re all being more mindful of food waste, this is a great recipe to make when you want to use up leftovers or veggies on the verge of spoiling.
Sheet Pan Egg Ciabatta Sandwiches
- 18 x 13 baking sheet
- 1 cup precooked ham, chopped *leave out for vegetarian option*
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 14 Conestoga Farms Free Run Omega-3 Eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 medium tomato, *any, diced*
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 dozen small ciabatta buns
- 1 tsp each coarse salt & ground black pepper
- *optional: sliced cheese (like Swiss) & sauce to top your sandwich (we love Buffalo sauce or hot sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk eggs, milk and green onions in a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil on to baking sheet and coat evenly. Add chopped ham and diced tomato, spacing evenly around the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the ham & tomatoes, then sprinkle baby spinach and grated mozzarella cheese over top.
- Place pan in the oven and bake 20 minutes until the edges of the egg are golden.
- Remove and let the eggs cool at least 5 minutes before cutting using a pizza cutter into 12 portions. *Optional: Serve with a slice of your favourite cheese & sauce of choice!* Buon appetito!
We hope you enjoy making this simple recipe with your gang. We’d love to know your favourite family meals to make with eggs!
Keep well, eat well,