After a few weeks of indulging to the max (it was the holidays…we celebrated, and that entails ZERO guilt or punishment), it felt good to get back to healthy eating this weekend. And since you know how much I love sharing cooking hacks, I will declare my new-found love of sheet-pan cooking!
After weeks of drooling over recipes in the LCBO Food & Drink and Canadian Living, I was inspired to give a family recipe I’d normally split up into 3 different baking dishes a go on the one-sheet wonder – Lemon-Garlic Salmon paired with veggies – and guys, it’s DEE-LISH! Bonus: less baking dishes to clean afterward! SA-WEET!
As I shared in our last post, I’ll be sharing lots of our quick meal ideas on IG stories & IGTV (for all our visual culinary followers), but this one needed a respectable place on the blog too!
Without further adieu, our SHEET PAN LEMON-GARLIC SALMON & VEGGIE RECIPE:
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Veggies
- 1 1/2 lbs Fresh Atlantic Salmon (Skinless, cut into 4 portions)
- 1.5 lbs Mini Potatoes (yellow flesh)
- 12 oz Green Beans (trimmed)
- 1/2 small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 6 tbsp President's Choice Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1 stem fresh dill (or 1 tbsp dry dill)
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 1/2 Lemon (thinly sliced)
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil (extra virgin)
- *use any other of your family's favourite veggies instead of green beans and potatoes (asparagus, broccoli, sweet potato, etc.)
- *substitute juice of lemon + minced garlic for bottled vinaigrette dressing*
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line large (13 x 18) aluminized steel baking sheet (0.5 - 1 inch rim) with parchment paper.
- Wash potatoes, pat dry & thinly slice into rounds.
- Wash & trim green beans. Slice onion length-wise.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet (spread evenly). Add green beans and red onions. Drizzle 3 tbsp President's Choice Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette and 3 tbsp olive oil over vegetables. Toss to coat. (add extra vinaigrette/olive oil if needed)
- Spread vegetables evenly over pan, making space for each of the salmon fillets. Nestle salmon fillets into the vegetables and drizzle with the remaining portion of lemon garlic vinaigrette and olive oil (3 tbsp each).
- Place lemon slices on top of each fillet and lay dill on each. Sprinkle sea salt & pepper over salmon and vegetables (*to taste*)
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 25 mins on middle rack. After 25 minutes, check salmon for doneness (should flake easily). Remove salmon fillets to a clean plate and cover loosely with foil. Return potatoes and veggies to oven and cook additional 5-10 mins (until edges of potatoes get golden brown or longer if you like them crisper).
- Remove pan from oven. Serve salmon, potatoes and green beans. Garnish with extra lemon wedges, sea salt and pepper, as desired.
If you give it a try, we`d love your feedback! Also, let us know what other types of recipes you want to see more of! #DadChef may be whiping up the next one 😉
Love & light,