**Recipe updated 2023**
After a few weeks of indulging to the max (it was the holidays…we celebrated, and that entails ZERO guilt or punishment), it felt good to get back to more health-ful, nutrient-rich eating this weekend. And since you know how much I love sharing cooking saves, I will declare my affinity for sheet pan meals tops the list of the bests ones! If it has one of my favourite flavour combos of lemon-garlic, even better.
After weeks of drooling over recipes in my favourite foodie magazines, I was inspired to give a family recipe I’d normally split up into 3 different baking dishes a go on the one-sheet wonder – Lemon-Garlic Salmon paired with veggies – and folks, it’s DEE-LISH! Bonus: less baking dishes to clean afterward! SA-WEET! This one’s so tasty the kids actually ask for me to make it regularly. Yes – kids can learn to love the taste of salmon. And parents, you’ll love the Omega-3 load you’re getting into your brood’s growing brains.
As I shared in our last post, we share quick meal ideas on IG stories (for all our visual culinary learners), but this one needed a respectable place on the blog too!
Without further adieu, How To Make Our SHEET PAN LEMON-GARLIC SALMON & VEGGIE RECIPE:
Ingredients for Sheet Pan Lemon-Garlic Salmon & Vegetables Recipe
Salmon Fillets – for this recipe, we used 1 1/2 lbs of Fresh Atlantic Salmon which served 2 adults and 4 kids. We prefer skinless then cut a larger fillet into smaller portions. We’ve also used a seafood delivery service which packs wild sock-eye salmon fillets into convenient single portions. As our family grows, so does the kids’ appetites, so the amount of salmon we use will increase. Make extra – salmon is great in school lunches the next day! Also, which salmon to use for your family recipes can be confusing – check out the guide on how to buy salmon below.
Vegetables – we used green beans and mini potatoes, but you can swap in any of your family’s favourite veg here – asparagus, broccoli, sweet potato, for instance, all work great too!
Lemon-Garlic Marinade: this Lemon-Garlic Salmon recipe can be made 2 ways: 1) with a pre-made bottled Lemon-Garlic Vinaigrette or 2) with a combination of freshly squeezed lemon juice (*from half of a fresh lemon*), olive oil, minced garlic/garlic powder. We inter-change these versions and both are delish!
Dill – we prefer using fresh dill, but if this isn’t already on-hand, a pinch of dry dill will add nice flavouring too.
Seasoning – sea salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder to taste are the finishing touches to this Sheet Pan Lemon-Garlic Salmon recipe.
How To Buy Salmon for Your Family Recipes
With so many options for salmon based on size, species, cut and more, buying salmon isn’t as simple as picking oranges. We love this Guide on How to Buy Salmon to help you make your food shopping experience a little less confusing and the type you buy well-fitted to the family recipe you want to make.
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Veggies
- 1 1/2 lbs Fresh Atlantic Salmon *Skinless, cut into 4 portions - use more for bigger servings*
- 1.5 lbs Mini Potatoes *we used yellow flesh - any will work*
- 12 oz Green Beans *trimmed*
- 1/2 small red onion *thinly sliced*
- 6 tbsp Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette *any - we used President's Choice for this food-torial*
- 1 stem fresh dill (or 1 tbsp dry dill)
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 1 medium Lemon *1/2thinly sliced, 1/2 for squeezing the juice out of*
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil *extra virgin*
- *use any other of your family's favourite veggies instead of green beans and potatoes (asparagus, broccoli, sweet potato, etc.)
- *substitute juice of lemon + minced garlic/garlic powder for bottled vinaigrette dressing*
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line large (13 x 18) aluminized steel baking sheet (0.5 - 1 inch rim) with parchment paper.
- Wash potatoes, pat dry & thinly slice into rounds.
- Wash & trim green beans. Slice onion length-wise.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet (spread evenly). Add green beans and red onions (spread evenly between potatoes). Drizzle 3 tbsp Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette and 3 tbsp olive oil over vegetables. Toss to coat. (add extra vinaigrette/olive oil if needed) *Pre-made lemon garlic vinaigrette substitute: juice of lemon + minced garlic/garlic powder spread over salmon fillets*
- Move vegetables around the pan, making space for each of the salmon fillets. Nestle salmon fillets into the vegetables and drizzle with the remaining portion of lemon garlic vinaigrette and olive oil (3 tbsp each).
- Sprinkle sea salt & pepper over salmon and vegetables (*to taste*). Place lemon slices on top of each fillet as well as the fresh dill.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 mins on middle rack. After 15-20minutes, check salmon for doneness (should flake easily). Remove salmon fillets to a clean plate and cover loosely with foil. Return potatoes and veggies to oven and cook additional 5-10 mins (until edges of potatoes get golden brown or longer if you like them crisper).
- Remove pan from oven. Serve salmon, potatoes and green beans. Garnish with extra lemon wedges, sea salt and pepper, as desired. If you enjoyed this recipe, tag us @House_of_Kerrs!
If you give it a try, we`d love your feedback or tag us at @House_of_Kerrs! Also, let us know what other types of recipes you want to see more of! #DadChef may be whipping up the next one 😉
More Lemon-Garlic Recipes Your Family Will Love
The flavour combo of lemon and garlic is one of our favourites. Here are more easy meal ideas where lemon and garlic are the shining stars:
Lemon Garlic Spinach & Shrimp Pasta
More Easy Recipes for Busy Families
Life with growing kids is fast and full – you may enjoy some of these other simple weeknight meal saves:
Sheet Pan Chicken & Vegetable Bake
Sheet Pan Balsamic Glazed Pork with Roasted Vegetables
Sheet Pan Egg Ciabatta Sandwiches
Keep well, eat well,
Leave a Reply