Like many of you, Spring is always full of events and occasions around here. From birthdays, baptisms, graduations, baby showers, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and year-end sports banquets, there’s always something going on, and lots of photo ops to be had. Printing photos among a busy family life has been a bit of a chore these days, but sharing great shots with family and friends near and far is so important to us. Some of my favourite ways to share our memories with loved ones is by a photo slideshow or customized greeting I can send electronically. I even do most of our invites for special occasions online now. My absolute favourite platform to get this done quickly, yet creatively is Smilebox. I think you’ll find too Smilebox is the best photo sharing + design platform for family occasions out there.
*Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links, meaning if you click on them, we mat earn a small commission we use to keep this site running. We only recommend products we trust and use ourselves. View our disclosure for more information*
Our favourite things about the Smilebox platform:
- An array of beautiful designs for every occasion, season and life milestone.
- Super user-friendly and simple to navigate, even for kids + beginners to design & photo sharing software.
- Tons of customization options for personalized headings, captions, and even music! Some of the top song suggestions for your family slideshow here!
- The easiest way to share photos quickly via email or social channels – Email, post to Facebook, print, or burn to DVD within minutes.
- The designs can be saved to your computer for uploading to printing sites like Vistaprint!
- Ad-free playback for slideshows and action images.
- The application requires minimal storage room on your computer (no more than a typical photo) and offers unlimited storage for shared creations.
- The way it can bring an ordinary photo to life! It will literally bring a smile to all who receive your creation 🙂
Here’s a sample e-greeting our kids made for Mother’s Day!
Here’s a sample slideshow we made in minutes recapping our Spring so far:
|Create a digital slideshow|
Here’s our son’s Baptism invitation we created with Smilebox last year:
Smilebox offers a FREE 7 day trial or a premium version that is reasonably priced at $47.88 USD (approx. $65 CDN ) for the amount of options and ease-of-use.
How to Use Smilebox
Making your first Smilebox creation is pretty simple and takes just minutes. To start select Design > then personalize the template by photos and/or videos > preview your creation > save, share, print or make a DVD. That’s it! For more, checkout this quick tutorial here.
We hope you enjoy you love creating with the Smilebox application as much as we do!