We’re back from a fabulous family holiday, but not so wonderful is the post-vacay sickness takedown we’re being hit with this week. The remedy? Recreating this Turkey, White Bean & Kale soup our gang gobbled up a few weeks back when the weather temps dipped. It’s great as a starter to your Fall dinners, holiday menu or just another to add to your family’s “soup must-try” list. A little soup for the soul from La Cucina di Kerrs to yours we think you’re family will love too. Swap the turkey sausage for Thanksgiving turkey leftovers or leave the turkey out altogether from the recipe for a nice vegetarian option!
Oh, and since we’re entering the season of family feasts, gatherings & entertaining loved ones, we want to give you a chance to add a few new things from Indigo’s new Fall Home Entertaining collection. I picked up a set of bon appetit soup bowls (dishwasher & microwave safe!), their expressions tea towels in teal & the rustic farmhouse-inspired two-handled chopping board for food prep/holiday charcuterie! They’re our latest #IndigoFaves, but enough about all the fabulous goods we scooped up…it’s YOUR turn! Stick around to the end of the post to enter to WIN a $100 gift card to pick up some new things for Fall!
*Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Indigo, meaning we’ve received compensation and/or product for this recipe creation & giveaway opportunity. As always, we align with partners that our family truly loves. Thank you for supporting brands that support our platform :)*
Turkey, White Bean & Kale Soup Recipe
Turkey, White Bean & Kale Soup
- 500 grams Turkey Sausage (*or Thanksgiving Turkey leftovers, cubed/shredded or leave out meat for vegetarian option*)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large carrots washed, peeled & chopped
- 2 ribs celery washed &chopped
- 1 can White Kidney Cannellini Beans drained & rinsed
- 10 cups chicken or vegetable broth *we use low sodium version*
- 2 medium potatoes washed, peeled & diced
- 10 stems fresh kale washed, chopped (*discard tough parts of stems*)
- 1.5 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch dried rosemary crushed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea, Kosher or coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper *to taste*
- Parmesan cheese fresh, grated *to taste once served*
- Heat a Dutch oven or large pot on medium heat. Cut casing of turkey sausage, remove sausage & add to pot, cook until browned, breaking up during cooking to get it crumbly. Remove from pot & set aside until later. No need to clean the pot...keep using.(*Remove this step if making vegetarian version or if using leftover, cooked turkey, add in Step 4*)
- Add olive oil to pot and heat on medium. Add garlic, onion, celery, carrots, salt + pepper & saute until veggies get tender (*approx. 5 mins*). Add broth, stir in beans, kale, potatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves, thyme, garlic powder & rosemary.
- Warm mixture on medium-high heat until its brought to a simmer & potatoes + kale are tender (*approx 15 minutes*).
- Add the turkey sausage (or leftover cooked turkey) & let soup simmer about 2-4 minutes longer.
- Serve with fresh, grated parmesan cheese & fresh baked artisan bread/baguette. Buon Appetito!
Enter here to WIN a $100 gift card to Indigo to shop the latest from their Fall collection! Open to Canadian residents only. Contest closes 11:59 p.m EST Monday, October 7, 2019. Prize as awarded – no cash surrender. Good luck to all!
We wish you & your loved ones good eats & laughter as you gather together this holiday season! More recipe ideas HERE!