Adventures in Vow Renewal: Andrew and I celebrated our 12 year Anniversary this year (22 years together). We’d [insert “I” with some nudging;)] wanted to renew our vows for our 10-year, but with a 3 month old newborn, and some other crazy going on in life, we bailed on the idea.
Since I like even numbers, and we’re slowly coming out of the fog of our baby days, this year seemed like a good one to make our vow renewal happen. We’re heading South in this month, and will have an intimate affair with just the 6 of us. We watched our Wedding video on our Anniversary with the kids, and our daughter was royally ticked she didn’t make an appearance anywhere in there. I guess they just don’t get Mommy & Daddy had a life before they were born :).
So, a VERY simple yet meaningful ceremony has been planned. Not only to have the kids a part of it, but to celebrate our marriage and couplehood. To be honest, the last few years have been quite stressful and making time for “US” has been a challenge. But we want these kids to see us make our marriage a priority and that investing in us matters deeply. So, off we go in just a few short days to re-do the “I dos”!
I’m really enjoying the (mostly) stress-free vibe this go around. I even found THE dress within budget and in just 15 minutes! Never underestimate what a mom can accomplish with just an hour to herself at the mall ;).
But while I’ve been trying to keep it a very low-key celebration, I couldn’t help checking out & snagging some super sweet finds and wanted to share in case a vow renewal is in your future. I’m sure some of you DIYers could make some of these yourselves (I am a recovering DIYer over here, lacking in patience to attempt them as I cram to get us all set for our vacay). I’ve also rounded up some of my favourite pins that were the inspiration for our colour palette for the ceremony and family outfits…will do a fresh post with photos when we get back! And finally, I close with the Wedding Vow Renewal Dos & Donts.
*Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links, meaning if you click on them, we may earn a small commission we use to keep the site running (and the coffee well stocked ;)). We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program & Amazon Associates Program, affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.ca and affiliated sites.View our Disclosure for more information.
Here are my faves for the vow renewal ceremony:
- Custom His & Her Vows Notebooks – these can be customized to match your wedding decor!
2. Wedding Vow Journal – if you plan to write your own vows, this is a great resource to help guide you and write vows that are a real tear-jerker!
3. “We Still Do” Cake Topper – to add a little glitz and significance to your cake! Some come with the option to add your anniversary.
4. Custom Banner & LOVE balloon – love the personalization of this handmade banner with plenty of colours to choose from to match your decor. We snagged the “Love” balloon that you fill yourself for some sweet photo ops.
5. Vow Renewal Beach Tote – love this one because it’s so practical for our beach vow renewal ceremony and sweet keepsake of the date thereafter.
6. Wood Sign – a great piece to add to a side table with a floral arrangement or to hold for post-ceremony photos
7. Star Maps – get a custom print of what the stars in the night sky looked like on your special day
Vow Renewal Style + Colour Palette Inspo
I’m going with a colour combo of blush, dusty blue and rose gold. We had a Winter Wedding, so picking softer shades this go around was so fun!
My Vow Renewal Dress Inspo
For The MR.
For Our Little Fellas
For Our Little Lady
Wedding Vow Renewal Do’s & Don’ts
Couldn’t help but share this super-handy resource for Vow Renewal etiquette if planning one is in the cards for you!
Although our celebration will be super-simple, we still have a bit of last minute running around to get us all jet-set for our holiday. I swear it feels like I’ve been sorting, organizing and packing for weeks! But I know it’ll all be worth it. Before I get back to the mad dash of life lately, I’d love to hear if you have or plan to do a vow renewal, and what meaningful touches you included or plan to include! The world could use more feel-good love stories and I LOVE hearing about them!
Love & light,