Tell me you have a can of pumpkin puree to use up from last Fall without telling me you have a can of pumpkin puree from last Fall to use up – I’ll go first 😉 We made a batch of these flavorful White Chocolate Glazed Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts (*adapted from Anna Olson*) and decorated them with some of our favourite Halloween treats & sweet finds from our local farm visits! After a creative recipe slump (thank you lingering pandemic fatigue & slow adjustment back to a very full family & back-to-the-rink-life), this was a fun one to make (says this non-baker) & great way to use up leftover candy post trick-or-treating. Decked out doughnuts are a great dessert idea for your at-home Halloween parties too! Don’t think we have all our Halloween-ing ghouls in a row, my friends – this 3 x 3 food styling board is the most decorated, put together area of our house right now. My creative nook where I find my center in our never a dull moment big brood life. We’re getting set for our first out-of-town hockey tourney in some time – now that’s a spooky scene down the front hallway 😉 Enjoy this sweet, freshly baked treat!
White Chocolate Glazed Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts’ Ingredients:
Baked Pumpkin Doughnut Base: I followed Anna’s Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts recipe to a tee &, just like you’d imagine, they are perfection and probably one of the best baked doughnut recipes we’ve ever tried! The beautiful thing about baked donuts versus fried is they will keep fresh longer & can be frozen unglazed for a couple of months. We’ve also done decked out holiday donuts with a boxed donut or cake mix & pre-made store bought to skip the tricky & keep it simple – equally fun & a hit all around.
White Chocolate Glaze: I used a bag of pure white chocolate chips & realized melting white chocolate is more stubborn than I am 😉 TIP: Add a bit of cooking oil or butter to thin out the chocolate while you melt it.
Donut Toppings: We used our favourite Halloween Candy/Chocolate – Reese’s Pieces, Candy Corn, SKOR bits & Coffee Crisps – plus a drizzle of Pumpkin Spice Iced Honey by BElicious we picked up on our visit to Applewood Farm.
White Chocolate Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts | La Cucina di Kerrs
- Doughnut baking pan
Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
- *FULL Recipe & Ingredients List: AnnaOlson.ca* *you could also use boxed doughnut or cake mix to keep it super simple!*
White Chocolate Glaze
- 1 bag Pure White Chocolate Chips
- cooking oil *about 2 tbsp to thin out the chocolate if melting on stovetop - we used Canola*
- Halloween Candy/Chocolate Bars *we used candy corn, Reese's Pieces, SKOR & Coffee Crisp (*chopped up*)
- Pumpkin Spiced Honey *drizzle over top once donuts are glazed*
Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
- Mix & bake the pumpkin doughnuts according to Anna Olson's recipe (yields about a dozen doughnuts). Let donuts cool fully before adding glaze. Boxed doughnut or cake mix will work well too!
White Chocolate Glaze
- Add the bag of white chocolate chips to a stainless steel mixing bowl that can fit inside a small pot. Add a bit of water to the pot, heat & bring to a near simmer. Place the bowl filled with the white chocolate chips over top, adding a bit of cooking oil (we used Canola), and stirring continuously with a spoon or spatula until melted. Add a bit more oil if too thick and lumpy. Remove the bowl from the pot carefully and begin glazing the tops of your baked doughnuts immediately in a dip & twist motion.
- Add your candy/chocolate toppings to the glazed doughnuts before the icing cools to ensure they "stick". If using a flavoured drizzle like the Pumpkin Spiced Honey we did, it's okay if the glaze cools fully first. Bring the honey to room temperature or warm the jar by placing it in a bowl of warm water first.
S’more Fun Ways to Use Up Your Halloween Candy
We grabbed our favourite mini Reese’s cups & added them to our Sheet Pan S’mores recipe!
We’ve also added them to bon fire s’mores!
Add some of your favourite coated chocolates (think Smarties, M&Ms & Reese’s Pieces) to our S’mores Brownie Bars!
Have a Hallo-wine Trick-or-Treat Candy Pairing party for grown-ups! Idea inspired by our winery friends in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Let us know what you think of these White Chocolate Glazed Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts if you give them a spin!
Whatever you & your Boo Crew get up to, we wish your family safe & Happy Halloween! I’m not sure I need more creepy in my life with the Squid Games theme song playing everywhere but I’m sure my kids will give it a good try 😉
Cheers to more treats, less tricks!