Lemon Garlic Spinach Shrimp Pasta
A simple + delish one-pot wonder you can whip up in under 30 minutes! A dish that looks beautiful when plated without all the fuss, this may be your fave to serve at dinner parties or make for your next date night in! Buon Appetito!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 450 g pkg Linguine (or other long pasta) (make 900 g for a larger family or crowd)
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 6 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic chopped or minced
- 1 454 g bag cooked, ready eat shrimp
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lg. fresh lemon juice squeezed
- 2-4 cups fresh baby spinach ~about 2 handfuls is good
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley chopped
- coarse salt to taste, to cook pasta
- 1/3 cup pasta water *save & set aside once pasta cooks*
- red chili pepper flakes *optional, to taste*
In a large pot, bring water to a boil, add coarse salt & cook pasta to al dente. Preserve 1/3 cup pasta water once cooked, drain pasta & set aside. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil so it doesn't get sticky, mix.
In the same pot, reduce heat to medium, add olive oil & half of the butter (3 tbsp). Add fresh garlic + garlic powder and cook until garlic softens.
Add in the shrimp, cook & heat about 2 minutes (*if using non-ready to eat shrimp, heat until shrimp turn pinkish, but not fully cooked, ~4 mins*)
Sprinkle in dried basil & toss in fresh spinach. Cook until spinach turns a rich green colour and looks wilted.
Return the pasta back to the pot and toss in remaining butter, parmesan cheese & fresh parsely. Stir until ingredients are mixed well and the butter fully melted.
Cut the lemon in half, then squeeze juice from each piece over the pasta mixture. Toss, then serve with extra parmesan cheese & red chili pepper flakes (*optional*). Garnish with parsley.Buon appetito!