Mediterranean Chickpea Village Salad
A no cook, no fuss, no lettuce required village salad with a chickpea protein punch that will fill hungry bellies and topped with our homemade Greek dressing.
- 1 cucumber diced in large chunks
- 2 medium tomatoes diced in large chunks
- 1 red pepper chopped in chunks
- 1/2 red onion chopped in chunks
- 1 can Chick peas rinsed & drained
- fresh parsley or arugula chopped, to taste
- 3/4 cup feta cheese in brine or other
Greek Dressing - double up ingredients to have extra on-hand
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 pinch each coarse salt & ground black pepper
Dressing: add all ingredients to a small bowl & whisk or use a dressing emulsifier.
Salad: throw all of your chopped veggies, feta in a large salad bowl. Add dressing, toss & finish with parsley/arugula. Refrigerate or serve immediately. Pairs nicely with fresh pita bread and/or BBQ meats! Enjoy!