Springtime Asparagus & Peas Pasta
A simple, 20 minute Springtime pasta recipe packed with nutrients from in-season veggies, Ontario Diary and your family's favourite pasta!
- 500 g Pasta (*we used Vegetable Bow Ties*)
- 1 bunch Asparagus trim ends & cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup green peas fresh or frozen
- 2 Spring Onions chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (*or 1 stick of Butter*)
- ¼ cup low-sodium broth any
- 1 cup milk (*we used 2% dairy for taste factor & added protein*)
- ¾ cup Ricotta Cheese (*we used a light version*)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Coarse salt & ground black pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, basil or micro greens for garnish
Bring a large pot of well-salted water to boil, add the pasta & cook until “al dente”. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in the pan over medium heat, add spring onions + garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until noticeably tender.
Add milk, broth and ricotta, bring heat to medium-high, and whisk until mixture begins to boil. Let simmer for a few minutes, then add asparagus + peas and cook for about 3 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium, then stir in Parmesan cheese. Add pasta to the sauce and toss until well-coated. Garnish with fresh parsley, basil or micro greens & freshly grated cheese. Serve immediately. Buon Appetito!