Strawberry Bruschetta - Two Ways
Grab the ripest of your strawberry picking haul and make this simple Summer appetizer to enjoy al fresco. Two suggested ways to please everyone in your gathering.
Servings: 6 people
- 113 g soft fresh goat cheese *any from your grocer's specialty cheese section*
- 475 g fresh Ricotta cheese *we use Tre Stelle's reduced fat version*
- handful very ripe strawberries sliced
- 1 fresh loaf of Artisan/Italian Bread or Baguette make 3/4 inch slices on an angle
- Balsamic Glaze *the best ones are "Made in Modena, Italy*
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil enough to brush on top of sliced bread
- coarse salt enough to sprinkle a pinch on top of each toast
- fresh basil & arugula chopped
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Wash & remove green tops of the berries. Slice length-wise.
Slice bread into ¾ inch slices on an angle & lay out on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle or brush the tops of each bread slice with olive oil & sprinkle with a pinch of coarse salt and bake until tops are lightly golden (~6-8 mins depending on strength of your oven).
Spread each toast with a generous amount of cheese (goat, ricotta or mix of both). Top each with 2-3 slices of the strawberries. Add chopped arugula to the ricotta-topped toast, and basil to the goat-cheese version. Place on a serving tray & drizzle balsamic glaze over each slice. That's it! Makes about 12 slices & 6 portions (*depending on the size of baguette you start with*) Buon appetito! Tag us at @House_of_Kerrs on Instagram or comment below if you try!