Lockdown times has not made a homemade sourdough bread-maker out of me (yet!), but this Buffalo Chicken Dip Sourdough Bread Bowl is an easy, fantastic option for the homebound hunger games we made with a fresh loaf from our local farm last school break. It’s a great leftover chicken makeover, no-cooking required recipe, uses just 5 easy ingredients and can be laid out with your brood’s favourite veggies and munchies for those never-ending snack attacks. And at the end of your buffalo dip-eating sesh, you’ve got yourself an edible bowl. Zero judgement if you grab it for a parent time-out in the closet 😉
About the Recipe
- This is one of those “un-recipes” I tried to give more detailed guidance for the sake of offering you guys a recipe to follow, but add/remove quantities as you wish. We used up the leftover roasted chicken from our grocers ready-made counter, simplified by using a ready-made sourdough loaf (if you prefer your homemade version, go for it!), and blended the chicken with a combo of cream cheese, buffalo sauce & garlic powder. The quantities below are a guide only. Add more/less to make it to your liking!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Sourdough Bread Bowl Recipe | La Cucina di Kerrs
- 1 loaf sourdough bread *homemade or store-bought*
- 2 cups leftover chicken *chopped/shredded, skins removed*
- 1 cup cream cheese *any - room temperature*
- Buffalo Sauce *to taste - we used about 2 tbsp*
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- fresh chives *optional: for garnish*
- Cut out the top of your sourdough loaf (*similar to how you'd carve the top of a pumpkin*) & remove a portion of the soft center so you have a nice "bowl" to put your dip into. Cut the top of the loaf you removed into cubes to place around your dip platter for nibbling.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your chopped/shredded chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce & garlic powder. Mix well until all ingredients are blended together.
- Using a large spoon, scoop your buffalo dip into the sourdough bowl. Garnish with freshly chopped chives & serve with vegetables, extra bread pieces & your family's favourite munchies. Enjoy! Tag us if you try @House_of_Kerrs on social! #LaCucinadiKerrs
This recipe makes a sizable portion so if it doesn’t all get gobbled up, it kept nicely in the fridge for a few days. Once the dip is all eaten from the center, chop up the loaf, warm up in the oven a bit & serve with salad/soup for another sourdough side.
Sourdough Bread Bowl with Buffalo Chicken Dip by HouseOfKerrs on Jumprope.
We hope you enjoyed this simple Buffalo Chicken Dip Sourdough Bread Bowl recipe & if you give it a try, give us a holler by tagging on social @House_of_Kerrs or commenting below! For more simple no-cook recipes for busy families, we’ve got a whole bunch of ideas HERE!
Keep well, eat well,